What are some resources I can use to educate children about oral health?
For more information about oral health topics, several websites are listed below that you can use to promote good oral health for your family. We do not endorse any of the specific resources listed below.
- Medline Plus (both English and Spanish). http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/mouthandteeth.html
- Oral Health Information, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR), National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/oralhealth/
- Consumer Information from Columbia University College of Dental Medicine and Aetna provide Simple Steps To Better Dental Health Website. http://www.simplestepsdental.com/SS/ihtSS/r.WSIHW000/st.31819/t.31819/pr.3.html
- Mouth Healthy
- American Dental Association 'For The Dental Patient' from the Journal of the American Dental Association. http://www.ada.org/993.aspx
- American Dental Association Online Catalog http://catalog.ada.org/ – Information found under Patient Education Section [Note: after selecting a specific item you can select E Sample for a free download PDF copy of a sample brochure or pamphlet, etc.]
- Teaching Kids Healthy Smiles: Promoting Dental Health in Kindergarten – Grade 5 Classrooms http://www.dent.umich.edu/media/teachoralhealth/index.html