What are some resources I can use to educate the children at my school about oral health?
Oral health promotion is integral to the Miles of Smiles-Laredo program. There are several resources that you can use to promote good oral health in your school. For education videos regarding sealants and good hygiene habits, visit our For Parents page.
- Medline Plus (both English and Spanish). http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/mouthandteeth.html
- Oral Health Information, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR), National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/oralhealth/
- Consumer Information from Columbia University College of Dental Medicine and Aetna provide Simple Steps To Better Dental Health Website. http://www.simplestepsdental.com/SS/ihtSS/r.WSIHW000/st.31819/t.31819/pr.3.html
- American Dental Association 'For The Dental Patient' from the Journal of the American Dental Association. http://www.ada.org/993.aspx
- American Dental Association Online Catalog http://catalog.ada.org/ProductCatalog/productcategory.aspx?ID=17 – Information found under Patient Education Section [Note: after selecting a specific item you can select E Sample for a free download PDF copy of a sample brochure or pamphlet, etc.]
- Teaching Kids Healthy Smiles: Promoting Dental Health in Kindergarten – Grade 5 Classrooms http://www.dent.umich.edu/media/teachoralhealth/index.html